1. Simplify your presentation. Most delegates have no background in your area of specialization.
2. hand a short bio (no more than five sentences) about yourself to the chair. let them know you.
3. Come prepared. prebook your hotel room. The internet may not be available. Credit cards won't go through. photocopiers have disappeared.
4. to board the tour bus, hand in a copy of your registration receipt. keep the passport with you.
5. To pick up your certificate, you need to know your unique research id number. It's typed on the letter of acceptance and envelope we sent you.
6. enjoy Florence and friends in an informal academic setting.